Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Watercolor Wings Birthday

Hey All! I'm back today to share my Day 7 project with you for the Scrap Gals Community Facebook group 100 Days Project. I finished this last night, but I couldn't take photos until this morning. It was too dark inside my house.

My personal goal for the duration of this project is to complete my Christmas cards by the end of November this year. However, today I decided to make a birthday card for a long-time friend of mine (way back from high school). She loves purple and we share a fondness for butterflies. I love that with Stampin' Up! I can customize my cards and gifts to the recipient. That's probably my favorite thing about this hobby.


Isn't that pretty? I'm very happy with how this card turned out. I especially like that dot stamp that I used for the background. It looks like bokeh. And I adore me some bokeh.

For this card I used the following Stampin' Up! products (available for purchase in my SU store at the link in the sidebar :)
Paper: Vellum Cardstock, Whisper White Cardstock
Ink Pads: Lavender Lace (retired), Eggplant Envy (retired), Elegant Eggplant  You could use Wisteria Wonder and Rich Razzleberry for the two colors that are retired. I just used what I had on hand. Contrary to what hubby may think, I don't own EVERY Stampin' Up! product lol. Though I would love to.
Stamps: Watercolor Wings and Rose Wonder for the sentiment
Ribbon and Trim:White Sequins from a past Paper Pumpkin kit
Adhesives: Stampin' Dimensionals and Snail Adhesive

Products from my stash (supplier mentioned or unknown): Purple Core'dinations cardstock, Rhinestone jewels (SU does offer these items, I just used what I had already).

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you found something interesting to inspire you here today.


No comments:

Post a Comment