Monday, August 21, 2017

Baby Wipes Are Now My Favorite Tool!

Isn't this just gorgeous? Not to toot my own horn, but....toot! Ha ha.


So, yesterday I tried a technique that has been around forever. But it was my first try with it. Can I just say that I adore this baby wipes technique? This is so simple but has such an amazing, impactful affect on your cards!

I found a few tutorials for this on YouTube. Basically, all you do is take a baby wipe and fold it in half twice. I personally like a nice, substantial wipe. So I use Huggies. But it probably doesn't really matter. You'll want to put it on a paper plate or something to protect your work surface. Then, put drops of color from your Stampin' Up! reinker bottles onto the baby wipe. I actually didn't drop them on, I put the nozzle on the baby wipe and made a good size little spot of each one in several different places on the wipe. You can use as many or as few colors as you like. I used five colors on this one (they are noted in the below product listing).

Here is a picture of what my little homemade ink pad looked like:


Then, just take your stamp and pounce it on the inked up baby wipe. You'll want to make sure you are pouncing it in as close to the same spot on the wipe as possible each time because if you don't, you'll make your colors mix too much and it will start to get muddy. 

Next, just stamp it on your paper and then ink it up again for the next image. Easy peasy! I didn't need to clean my stamp in between each image because most of the ink did transfer to my cardstock the first time. But you might want to test yours to make sure. 

I used the following Stampin' Up! products available for purchase in my SU store at the link in the sidebar :) 
Cardstock: Berry Burst, Crushed Curry, and Whisper White
Stamps: Colorful Seasons
Ink Pads: Early Espresso
Ink Refills: Berry Burst, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz, and Old Olive
Ribbon and Trim: Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon in Berry Burst
Embellishments: Gold Sequins from Metallic Assortment
Other: Snail Adhesive, Tombo Mono Liquid Glue Adhesive

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you found something interesting to inspire you here today.


Don't forget to register for Fall Stampfest! Discount for early registration (before Oct 1)



No comments:

Post a Comment