Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Colorful Seasons Snowflake Love!

Day 22. So ummm.......believe it or not, I wasn't going to get this stamp set. Yep. I didn't think it was for me. Then I started seeing all of the examples online. Still resisting. But, the more time you spend on Pinterest, the harder it is to resist. And eventually I had to cave and buy it. And I'm here to tell you, I'm so glad I did! This set is awesome. Seriously. It covers every season and I can't think of an occasion you wouldn't be able to use it for.  

I decided to try a new technique today. I've done this heat embossing resist technique you see here numerous times (The white snowflakes are heat embossed before inking the cardstock. The embossing makes them resist the ink and stay white). But I wanted to try sponging the background in an ombre effect. Oh yeah. This could be addictive. I just stamped and embossed the white snowflakes using Versamark ink and clear embossing powder. Then I used the stamping sponges (I cut them into 4 pieces so I can use them with different colors.) to rub the colors on one at a time to put the color down light to dark. Then, stamp the colored snowflakes on top. Easy peasy. 



Isn't that gorgeous?! I used the same three ink pads to stamp my sentiment as with an ombre effect as well. Just start by inking with the lightest color, then ink only part of the stamp in the next darker color, and finally ink an even smaller portion in the darkest color. I just learned that one at a stamping get-together a couple of weeks ago. You can do that with markers too. But it's nice if you don't have to buy more products than is actually needed to achieve the affect. Don't you agree?


I used the following Stampin' Up! products available for purchase in my SU store at the link in the sidebar :) 
Cardstock: Whisper White
Stamps: Colorful Seasons
Ink Pads: Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Dapper Denim and Versamark
Ribbon and Trim: 3/8" Metallic Edge Ribbon in Silver
Embellishments: Glitter Enamel Dots and Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Other: Snail Adhesive, Stampin' Dimensionals, Heat Tool

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you found something interesting to inspire you here today.


Don't forget to register for Fall Stampfest! Discount for early registration (before Oct 1)





No comments:

Post a Comment