Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Watercolor Happy Birthday Card

This is my personal challenge Day 9 entry for the Scrap Gals Community Facebook group 100 Days Project. 

I am really loving the Happy Birthday Thinlits Die from Stampin' Up! I held off getting it for a while because I know I can cut something similar from paper on my Silhouette Cameo. But.....my Cameo kind of hates glitter paper. And I kind of adore it. Lol. The blade on the cameo gets chewed up really fast by glitter paper. And the cuts aren't usually that smooth, or it doesn't cut deep enough. Just an overall pain in the you know what. So.....that's a long way to say that this die makes my life easy. 

This card came together super quickly, and I think it will make a great impression on the recipient (my cousin). I can see myself using this for many simple and quick birthday cards in the future.




For this card I used the following Stampin' Up! products (current items available for purchase in my SU store at the link in the sidebar :)
Paper: Thick Cardstock in Whisper White, Watercolor Paper, Glimmer Paper in Gold
Ink Pads: Bermuda Bay
Stamps: None (*gasp*)
Tools: Aqua Painter (large tip one), Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Happy Birthday Thinlits Die, Paper Trimmer
Ribbon and Trim: Sequins from a past Paper Pumpkin kit
Adhesives: Stampin' Dimensionals and Snail Adhesive


Other (Non Stampin' Up! products): Aquamarine looking polka dot scrap from my paper stash (I think this is from the Echo Park Capture Life paper pad.)

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you found something interesting to inspire you here today.


No comments:

Post a Comment