Monday, September 21, 2026

Lustrous Thanksgiving

I started the cards I'm going to be sharing this week by smooshing a watercolor background on a 4-1/4" X 5-1/2" piece of vanilla cardstock. I took my Golden Glow, Pretty Peacock and Blackberry ink pads and tapped them onto the huge "F" acrylic block. Then I sprayed the block with water and tipped the block to let the colors mix a little. Not a lot. I didn't want the colors to become mud. Then, I took a piece of 4-1/4" X 5-1/2" Very Vanilla Cardstock and layed it over the ink and let it soak it up. I am impatient, so I used a heat tool to dry it. 

After the watercolor cardstock was dry, I used the Lustrous Leaves Hot Foil Dies, Copper Stampin' Foil and the Stampin' Hot Foil System to make copper watercolor leaves. I was then left with a piece of copper foil that had leaf images in it, so I applied that to a piece of vanilla cardstock with the Reverse Foil Die so that I could have both the positive and the negative copper leaf images and not waste the beautiful foil. 



I used the smaller leaf dies that come in the Lustrous Leaves Bundle to die cut the leftover pieces on the edges of the watercolor and foiled vanilla cardstock pieces from above. 

For this card, I arranged a bunch of the smaller leaves and one larger one in a diagonal pattern onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and glued them all down. Next I ran it through the Rustic Check 3D embossing folder. I really wanted dark brown trim, so I used some DMC embroidery floss. Then I finished it all off with the copper color gems. 

Cardstock:
Golden Glow: 8-1/2" X 5-1/2", scored at 4-1/4" and folded in half on the long side
Blackberry Bliss: 2 pcs 4" X 5-1/4"
Very Vanilla: 2 pcs 3-3/4" X 5", 4" X 5-1/4" (for watercoloring the leaves), a scrap for stamping your sentiment
Stamp Set & Dies: 
Painted Pheasant (sentiment, retired)
Ink: 
Embossing Folder:
Embellishments: 
DMS Embroidery Floss #3371
Other: 



No comments:

Post a Comment