Saturday, September 19, 2026

Happy Floral Thanksgiving

I really like the plaid pattern in this Autumn Opulence Specialty DSP, but I found it was a bit difficult to use. Maybe that's because I'm not a huge fan of Petal Pink. I don't mind it in this so maybe it's just because it's a busy pattern. If I was only going to use a small piece, it would have been easier. Anyway, I think covering it a bit with larger pieces of a subtle pattern and the floral die cut gave my eyes a place to rest. I love how it turned out and really like the plaid.

I used the September 2025 SheetLoad of Cards Sketch for this card design.




Supplies

Cardstock:
Blackberry Bliss Card Base: 8-1/2" X 5-1/2", scored and folded at 4-1/4" on the long side
Cajun Craze: 1 pc 4" X 5-1/4" (inside)
Basic White: 4" X 5-1/4" (front), 3-7/8" X 5-1/8"(inside), Scrap piece for your sentiment
DSP: 
Autumn Opulence: Die cuts of your choice for the front focal point and to decorate the inside. I can't give you the measurements for this because I used a sketch by Call Me Crafty Al that she does ask you don't share. You can get it for free if you watch this YouTube video, but the sketches are archived after a year and this one is from September of last year. So it will only be available for another 11 days. :(
Stamp Set & Dies: 
Painted Pheasant (sentiment, retired)
Help Me Grow (retired) (This was for the dots inside. You could use any small spatter stamp for this, really. Or, just draw your own.)
Ink: 
Embellishments: 
Opaque Faceted Gems (retired)
Other: 




No comments:

Post a Comment