Monday, August 24, 2026

Happy Halloween

I really love making Halloween cards. Halloween holds a special place in my heart. My mom always made us home-sewn costumes that were very fun and detailed. She made it such a good time. She passed away when I was 19 so Halloween helps me feel close to her.

I used retired DSP for the background of this card along with a little ink blending and water droplets. But you could achieve the same look via ink blending a background and dropping water on it (sloppily I might add ha ha). It's a shame you really can't see the sparkle of the Wink of Stella. The web is really sparkly in real life!





Supplies

Card Base:
Gorgeous Grape 5-1/2" X 8-1/2", scored at 4-1/4" and folded in half on the score line
Cardstock:
Basic Black: 2 pieces 4" X 5-1/4" (one for outside, one for inside)
Basic White: 3-3/4" X 5" (for inside)
DSP: 
Artistic Blooms 3-3/4" X 5" (retired)
You could easily recreate the look of this DSP by using your blending brushes to blend the background. I did some blending to darken this paper and then dropped some water on it with my finger tips to get the splatters. 
Stamp Set & Dies: 
Spatter stamps inside are from the retired Fright Night stamp set
Ink: 
Embellishments: 
These sparkly black dots are not SU. I don't know where I got them.
Other: 

No comments:

Post a Comment