Sunday, November 14, 2021

Fun Making A "SheetLoad" of Cards

You guys, I found the best thing for creating multiple cards without having to think too much lol. Sometimes I spend more time looking for an idea than I do actually making the cards. I have made it no secret that I don't usually ever come up with a card design on my own. I love to make them, but I find the ones that I create on my own feel boring to me. And why would I want to spend all the time trying to make a unique design when it is more fun for me to just recreate one that is already designed? Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's ok to steal other people's ideas. I think you should give credit for the design whenever you know whose it is. But, I do think it is ok to reproduce it if you aren't selling it or presenting it as your own design. In my opinion, it is the highest form of flattery if someone CASEs (copy and share everything) your work. 

Anyway, this particular card sketch/design is the November 2021 SheetLoad from Call Me Crafty Al on YouTube. She has a series called SheetLoad of Cards. You should totally check it out. She comes out with a new card sketch/design each month to help you make multiple cards in one design (i.e., a SheetLoad of cards). Each month there is a unique hashtag and then there are hashtags to follow all of the social media post for SheetLoad (#sheetloadofcards, #showusyoursheetload, #suysNov2021). 








I especially love this month's SheetLoad because it utilizes my 6X6 paper pads. I love those things, but I hardly ever reach for them. I used the Farmhouse Christmas paper pad from Carta Bella--so good! I also used some new-to-me embellishments--those flat glitter tickers that look like rhinestones. Umm....hello, these will change my life! Ha, not really. But, they will make my cards easier to mail without spending a fortune on the non-machinable post office up-charge.

Did you notice that not one of these cards is exactly the same? I love that too! That isn't always the case for the templates, so I really liked that this month. 

Well, that's all for me today. I hope you enjoyed this post. I really enjoyed making the cards. Let me know if you have heard of SheetLoad or if you check it out, what do you think of it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment