Monday, February 5, 2018

Pretty Mountain Scene Sympathy Card

Unfortunately, I had occasion to make a sympathy card today. A good friend's mother passed away this last week. I really wanted to make him a special card since we can't offer much in the way of other support. And I really wanted it to be a bit masculine, no flowers.

Enter the waterfront stamp set. I've loved this stamp set since I laid eyes on it, but I really didn't see how much potential it has. I mean, the regular stamped images are beautiful and can make some lovely scenes on their own. But add some water, and wow!


The inside says, "& the hard times easier". I followed a tutorial on YouTube by Linda Dalke to make this card. Such an easy and informative video. I highly recommend it.

I hope the recipient enjoys it as much as I did making it and realizes the love that was put into the creation.



I used the following Stampin' Up! products available for purchase in my SU store at the link in the sidebar :) 
Paper: Night of Navy, Whisper White, Watercolor Paper, Smoky Slate
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Night of Navy, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party
Adhesives: Fast Fuse and Stampin' Dimensionals
Embellishments: 1/4" Basic Grey Shimmer Ribbon (Sale-A-Bration 2018 catalog)

Thanks for visiting today. And, if you just love anything I share or want to see more, the link to my Stampin' Up! store is in the upper right of the page links. Happy shopping!
As always, thank you so much for stopping by. And I hope you found something interesting to inspire you here today.



No comments:

Post a Comment