Saturday, October 28, 2017

Always & Forever (I'm back!)

I'm back! Lol. Wow. October has been a really busy month. We bought a new truck, and we had to fix the 4Runner (a lot). Shane got pneumonia, and I've had a cold. Anyway, I just really had no time for blogging. But, I'm here now, so let's get to it.

I was challenged by my upline to create a card using a stamp set that had never had ink to it before. I love the Always & Forever set, but I hadn't had time to really play with it yet. And, surprisingly, not many people have. I wasn't able to find a lot of inspiration out on the internet. So, I looked up a sketch from Clean and Simple Sketches and got to work.

I chose FTL sketch #37 because it had a large round element on it, which was similar to the stamp I wanted to use from my stamp set.


I stamped the large round wooden piece with a heart twice on whisper white. I water colored one of them with my aqua painters using Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, and Regal Rose (retired). I just cut it out by hand. Then on the second one I just colored the heart in and cut it out. I used a Stampin' Dimensional to pop it up on top of the other.



I used the following Stampin' Up! products available for purchase in my SU store at the link in the sidebar :) 
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Whisper White, Old Olive
Designer Series Paper: Wood Textures DSP
Ink Pads: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Regal Rose (retired, but you could use any dark pink)
Stamp Sets: Always & Forever
Punches: Leaf Punch
Adhesives: Snail Adhesive and Stampin' Dimensionals
Other Accessories: Stampin' Sponges for inking edges, small bit of pink patterned paper from my stash (non-Stampin' Up!)

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you found something interesting to inspire you here today.





No comments:

Post a Comment