Sunday, July 5, 2020

Christmas in July

Around July each year I start thinking about Christmas lol. Not because I want it to come, but because there are lots of paper crafting events for Christmas in July. In regard to cards, I think this is because lots of us avid paper crafters make our own Christmas cards. And lots of us make lots of cards!

Last year I actually didn't send Christmas cards because I fell in love with some Autumn designer series paper that I really wanted to use. So I ended up sending Thanksgiving cards instead. And, to be honest, that might be a new tradition for me. I love all things fall. We take our family vacation at the beginning of fall and it just seems like it kicks off the best parts of the year for me.

But, to that end, I always end up with all these really pretty Christmas papers in my stash that don't get used. But, I had to have them you know? They're so pretty! I don't scrapbook Christmas anymore. Truthfully, it's a lot less fun when your kids are older. Maybe when I have grands someday....

So, since I was thinking of Christmas I decided to make a card. I had a lot of fun, and I'm so glad I used that greenery sheet from the Stampin' Up! All is Bright DSP from last year (retired, sorry). I just loved it so much and was happy to finally play with it.



This fun fold design is so fun. I believe it is called a buckle fold. I found a video tutorial on Lisa Curcio's YouTube channel, and had to give it a go. I like having a bit of a unique twist on my cards, especially if it lets me use lots of big pieces of pattern. Love me some patterned paper!

If you have questions about anything used on this card, just send me a message or leave a comment. 

Thanks for stopping by today! 




No comments:

Post a Comment