Monday, December 4, 2017

My DIY Christmas Ball Wreath

Well folks, life got hectic on me and I haven't posted in nearly a month. But, I am back, so let's get to it.

I don't have a card or stamped creation to share with you today. But I do have a crafty item!


I decided to join a December Photo A Day challenge this year. Today's prompt was "Joyful".

I love Christmas, and I love making my own decorations. I get that from my mom. She was crafty and loved Christmas too. So, I always think a lot about her in December and while I'm crafting. This makes me joyful :)

I especially like to make my own wreaths. I don't have a lot of room in our small home (900 square ft) to decorate. So the door is usually one of the few places that gets any holiday attention (except during Christmas time of course).

I didn't make a tutorial for this wreath because there are literally hundreds on Pinterest. You can just search "Christmas Ornament Wreath" and find a crap ton. Lol. But I still wanted to show you what I ended up with. Isn't it pretty? I love it. But don't look too close. There is a lot of hot glue, and you can see some of it. But I think I did pretty good for my first time.


I will share that this wreath costs a lot more to make than one might think (or hope) lol. I originally thought I could just buy like 4-6 sleeves of Christmas ball ornaments from Dollar Tree and then an inexpensive wreath form from Hobby Lobby. I think I probably ended up buying double (or more) the amount of ball ornaments. But the whole wreath still only cost me less than $20. The wreath was relatively inexpensive. I think I paid like $4 with a coupon. Not too bad. And I had boat loads of glue sticks in my stash.

As always, thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you found something interesting to inspire you here today.



No comments:

Post a Comment